What is cauliflower rice?
It’s just fresh cauliflower pulsed in a food processor until it’s about the size of rice.
Is it as good as rice? Depends on who you ask!
When it’s seasoned well and used in a recipe with other flavors and textures, it IS totally delicious and you’ll feel really great about getting in more Veggies!
How to prepare cauliflower rice:
Make sure your cauliflower is rinsed well, then completely dry.
Chop your cauliflower into large florets.
Place the cauliflower pieces in a food processor and pulse just until it has the texture of rice.
Work in small batches if necessary and don’t over process or it will get mushy.
Use this raw cauliflower rice in any CFC recipe that calls for cauliflower rice, or in place of rice!
Simply continue following that recipe’s instructions, which usually involves stir-frying the “rice” with a touch of oil and other seasonings, which typically involves stir-frying the “rice” with a touch of oil and other seasonings until crisp-tender.makes 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs. boneless and skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, or avocado oil, divided
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 white onion, diced
- juice of one fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsps sliced green onions, to garnish
Cajun spice mix:
- 2 Tbsps smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- Combine well; all cajun spice mix ingredients in a small jar. Sprinkle about a heaping Tablespoon over the chicken breasts and, using your hands, rub it in really well on both sides of the breasts.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and no longer pink in the inside, about 4 minutes per side, 8 minutes total.
- Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and sauté the onion until translucent over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in your cauliflower rice and season with sea salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes.
- Return the cooked chicken to your pan, together with all the juices left on the plate. Drizzle with lemon juice and cook for an additional 2 minutes, just until heated through.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
via Clean Food Crush http://bit.ly/2Fs8ETz